If we need to close the school because of snow or bad weather please refer to the following information.
There are three possible outcomes in the event of poor weather:
- School is fully open – the day to day running of the school has not been affected in any way by any poor weather and is open as normal.
- School is partially open – many of our teachers have journeys of considerable length to get to school. If the area where they live has been badly affected, preventing them from travelling safely, then that class may not be open. In this event, a parent may be in the strange position of having one child at school but not a sibling.
- School is fully closed – this happens when not enough staff, including support staff, are not able to travel safely to school and when we cannot guarantee the health and safety of the pupils on site. This is a last resort.
We will give out information in the following ways:
- Through the school website http://www.kingsclereprimary.com The information will be displayed prominently on the front page.
- Through the Hampshire County Council website.
- Through the local radio – please tune into the following stations:
- Through our Parentmail service to families – please check your mobile phone and keep the school office informed of any change of numbers.
We will try to make a decision as soon as possible, but please bear in mind that circumstances can change rapidly and there may be adjustments. Again, keep tuned to the radio or log on to our website. Please do not ring the school.
If the school needs to remain closed for longer than one day, or if restrictions remain for the following day, then we will let you know by the above means. We will inform parents of the school’s re-opening via the school website and text service only – please make sure that you log in regularly to check for any status updates.
We understand that any decision to close, or partially close, the school will impact on parents and I would like to reassure all families that this decision is never taken lightly.
We want the children to be at school and we have a legal responsibility to keep the school or part of the school open where it is safe to do so and we want to carry on as normal, but occasionally we are unable to do so for a range of reasons.