One of our greatest assets at Kingsclere CE Primary School is our swimming pool, which reopens each summer in May. All children, from Year R to Year 6, swim twice a week with our trained staff as part of their PE curriculum. Swimming is a life skill for all children and it is fantastic we can offer our children the opportunity to develop this skill throughout their time with us.
We use funding from our sports grant to support the teaching of swimming and CPD for our teachers and work closely with instructors from Goggles and Giggles to provide this.
Kingsclere CE Primary School provides the following:
- School lessons throughout the week during the summer term.
- Each class is timetabled to swim twice a week.
- Swimming instructors to teach our children and provide CPD for our staff.
- A limited number of private lessons after school.
- Additional swimming sessions for our Pupil Premium children in upper Key Stage 2.
- A swimming gala for both Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 children at the end of July.
- Water polo played by our Key Stage 2 children.
- Opportunities for community clubs to swim.
Our long term plan is to enclose the pool in a brick building so it can be used throughout the year.
We would like to thank both FKS and our parents to continuing to support us and keeping our swimming pool going year on year.
Photo gallery pictures change every 5 seconds - put your mouse cursor over a picture to pause the slide show. Use the left and right arrows to move backwards and forwards.