St Mary's Church
Kingsclere Primary School is a Church of England (Controlled) School.
Our local Vicar, Ben Read, is a regular visitor to the school and a member of the Governing Body. We also pay regular visits to the parish church, St Mary's, holding at least three services there annually, as well as making other informal visits as part of our RE curriculum.
Take a look at St. Mary's Church website at: http://www.clerewoodlands.org.uk/
Links between St. Mary's Church and Our School
- Fortnightly collective worship taken by Rev. Ben Read
- Celebration of Christian festivals and end of term services held at St. Mary's
- Use of the church building to enrich our curriculum
- School council involved in the 'Altar Project' where they had the opportunity to visit the church and learn about the purpose of the altar and gather ideas to bring back to school
- Messy Church in the school hall
- iSing Pop - a music, dance and performance project completed in June 2017 in partnership with St. Mary's Church
- Regular visits from Rev. Ben into classrooms
- Specialised EYFS collective worship in the Autumn Term
- Rev. Ben foundation governor
Other links with the wider community
- Visits from Rev. Dodie Marsden from St. Nicolas Church, Longparish. Dodie is also our link person in our partnership with Kyankowe School in Uganda.
- Visits from Father Patrick Tansey of the Catholic Parish of Tadley and Kingsclere
Photo gallery pictures change every 5 seconds - put your mouse cursor over a picture to pause the slide show. Use the left and right arrows to move backwards and forwards.