Children in year R, 1 and 2 are entitled to a Universal hot free school meal at lunchtime in line with the Government initiative. This meal will be ordered in the classroom each morning at registration.
Children in years 3 to 6 can either bring a packed lunch or have a hot school lunch, which costs £2.15 and is payable online or at the office in advance. School lunches can be paid for on the day, by the week or month or termly in advance.
We ask parents not to include nuts in lunchboxes or as snacks as we are a nut-free school.
Children are allowed to bring squash or juice in a bottle or carton but this can only be drunk at lunchtime (only plain water can be drunk in class).
Please note that fizzy drinks, thermos flasks and glass bottles or containers of any kind are not allowed in school.
School lunch menus for April 2017 - July 2017 can be viewed by clicking the image below.
Menus in other languages, information for parents and other food related information can be found on the Hampshire County Council Catering Services (HC3S) Primary School Menus web site.
Food for Hampshire's school meals continues to be locally sourced wherever possible and Hampshire County Council is committed to the healthy agenda and to providing high quality food to Hampshire's children.
Free School Meals
Free school meals are available only to children whose parents/guardians are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190
No other benefits qualify for free school meals.
Applying for free school meals
There is a new online service, where you can check your own eligibility for free school meals, or you can check on behalf of someone else.
To complete a check you will need the following information for yourself, or the person you are checking on behalf of:
- Name, home address and email address
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Support Service reference number
- Child's name, date of birth and school
To check your eligibility online please click here.