School Improvement Priorities
Kingsclere CE Primary School is committed to demonstrating continuous improvements in each of the five key Ofsted areas:
- The quality of teaching, learning and assessment
- Personal development behaviour and welfare
- Outcomes for pupils
- Effectiveness of leadership and management
- Effectiveness of the early years provision
In addition, the school uses rigorous self-evaluation to identify a number of key improvement priorities for each academic
year which we call Lines of Enquiry. In 2017-2018 the school has identified the following key priorities.
Lines of Enquiry:
- Early Years (objective from previous inspection)
- SEND (new Inclusion Manager)
- Working at Greater Depth (recognise changes in assessment and GD across all curriculum areas
- Reading (last year's KS2 results analysis and monitor the impact of new strategies)
- Spelling (monitor the impact of the new strategies)
- Outcomes for Pupils - To continually achieve above the national average for all three Key Stages in all subjects for all children.
- Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment - ensures all learners make good progress as a minimum. Ensure the application of writing and maths skills across the curriculum remains embedded. Ensure the skills of problem solving and reasoning is entrenched in everyday practice including the use of resources (CPA). Pupils working below ARE proactively receiving interventions and support to close the gap.
- Early Years - Provision for Early Years children is viewed outstanding in line with the County Inspector and best practice continues to evolve with work that matches their ability or challenges them to do their very best. Good leadership leads to high quality provision across the EYs setting.
- Leadership and Management - Continue with distributed leadership across the school so that middle leaders and subject leaders have a clear impact on teaching and learning and school improvement priorities, including succession planning for future leaders.
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare - To maintain our outstanding status, ensure our pupils are happy, confident, successful, responsible learners with a lifelong love of learning.